The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) is a collaborative effort among telecommunications associations to make globally applicable third generation (3G) and more recently fourth generation (4G) mobile phone system specifications. 3GPP specifications are based on the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) specification.
The groups leading the standardization of 3GPP are the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), the Association of Japanese Radio Industries and Businesses/Telecommunication Technology Committee (ARIB/TTC), the China Communications Standards Association, the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (North America) and Telecommunications Technology Association (South Korea).
Another term commonly seen is 3GPP/LTE. LTE stands for Long Term Evolution and it is the name given to a project within the 3GPP to improve the universal mobile telecommunications standard (UMTS). The LTE project resulted in Release 8 of the UMTS standard, including extensions and modifications of the UMTS system. LTE-Advanced (Releases 10, 11) is a more recent project that addresses the 4G technology requirements, such as increased data rates and reduced latency.
Elliptic offers a variety of hardware and software solutions to support UMTS, LTE and LTE Advanced specifications (Releases 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11).
A new set of security algorithms (128-EEA3 and 128-EIA3) is being standardized for 3GPP/LTE/LTE-A wireless networks acceptable for Asian markets. These algorithms are based on the key stream generator ZUC and are expected to be ratified in LTE-A Release 11. Elliptic's family of hardware and software 3GPP/LTE/LTE-A solutions now includes support for these ZUC based modes.
Elliptic's IP products range from cipher primitives, to multi-mode Look Aside and Flow Through cores, to more complex solutions targeted at eNodeB base station, handset and femtocell applications.
Security Protocol Accelerators and Processors
- CLP-630: Multi-Packet Manager
- CLP-620: Security Protocol Accelerator - LTE
- CLP-610: Security Protocol Accelerator - HSM
- CLP-30: High Throughput Pipelined IPsec Engine
- SPP-230: ESP/AH PDU Processor
- SPP-330: IPsec/TLS Multi-protocol PDU Processor
- PLP-100f: SNOW 3G streaming Crypto Offload Protocol Engine (sCOPE)
- PLP-101f: AES/SNOW 3G streaming Crypto Offload Protocol Engine (sCOPE)
- CLP-45: Configurable Lookaside AES Core
- CLP-20: High Throughput AES-CCM Core
- CLP-410: ZUC Key Stream Generator
- CLP-411: ZUC Look Aside Core
- CLP-412: ZUC Flow Through Core
- CLP-400: SNOW 3G Key Stream Generator
- CLP-403: SNOW 3G Look Aside Core
- CLP-41: SNOW 3G Flow Through Core
- CLP-401: KASUMI Cipher Core
- CLP-402: KASUMI Look Aside Core
- CLP-38: KASUMI Flow Through Core
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.