With the significant growth of connected consumer electronics such as smartphones and tablets, comes an increase in the demand and importance of Platform Security.
The Platform Security market offers OEMs and silicon vendors the ability to implement cost-effective cryptographic protection of high-value assets against overbuilding, cloning and counterfeiting.
Elliptic delivers proven and highly integrated platform security IP spanning silicon cores to embedded software. These flexible solutions enable Elliptic’s customers to build trusted execution environments for their applications.
Elliptic’s solutions allow:
- Manufacturers to protect against counterfeiting, cloning, overbuilding of products produced by ODMs and contract manufacturers;
- IP designers to protect IP in the form of firmware-embedded algorithms, programs, and FPGA bit files, through all phases of product life cycle;
- Content Distributors to protect high value content such as High Definition video;
- Device manufacturers to activate and provision products at the point of sale;
- Network operators and administrators to manage the identity of devices and subscribers, and to enable features, applications and services in mobile and wired networks.
Three principle products form the core of the Elliptic Platform Security offering:
- Ellipsys-SB - a secure bootstrap subsystem for processor-based devices that provides cryptographic protection and authentication of code installed and running on those devices
- Ellipsys-CA – a certification authority that provides a trusted environment for code signing, services provisioning and secure installation of cryptographic keys and unique device identities in the manufacturing flow
- Ellipsys-VSM - a software-friendly virtual security module – essentially a software smartcard – that allows the embedding and binding of a virtually unlimited number of keys in embedded system environments
Secure environments like ARM TrustZone are a solid foundation for security solutions in embedded systems. Elliptic’s Platform Security solutions are an ideal fit for the ARM TrustZone architecture. Trusted keys and devices are managed from production through to end-user provisioning using Ellipsys-CA; TrustZone-enabled processors are securely booted with Ellipsys-SB; run-time access to embedded secrets is protected with Ellipsys-VSM using the TrustZone API.
All software Platform Security offerings share a common API and code base and any or all components can be used depending on the needs of a particular project. The framework is built to optionally support hardware acceleration for cryptographic operations and offload for embedded processors.
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.