The growing momentum of smart grid deployments is being fuelled by governments and utilities who are investing heavily to replace existing electrical grids with more advanced technologies. As the smart grid ecosystems become reality, security threats are increasing considerably and so is the need for robust security solutions in this market. These solutions need to protect electrical grids, advanced metering infrastructures, smart meters, customer information, data collection and control systems against malware and hackers that can seriously disrupt businesses, personal lives and even national security.
Smart grid security is an emerging market, but many of the traditional security measures currently used for wired and wireless communications like IPsec, SSL/TLS/DTLS, WiFi, ZigBee, LTE and WiMAX still apply.
Elliptic has a broad portfolio of proven and highly integrated solutions for the smart grid market. Elliptic’s offering includes data encryption, key management, certification management, storage encryption and digital rights management security solutions targeted at smart meters, collectors, networking equipment and utility operations.
Security Protocol Accelerators and Processors
- CLP-620: Security Protocol Accelerator - LTE
- CLP-610: Security Protocol Accelerator - HSM
- CLP-600: Security Protocol Accelerator- with Virtualization and QoS Capabilities
- SPP-100: Symmetric/Asymmetric Processing Engine
- SPP-200: SSL/TLS/DTLS PDU Processor
- SPP-230: ESP/AH PDU Processor
- SPP-330: IPsec/TLS Multi-protocol PDU Processor
- CLP-30 High Throughput Pipelined IPsec Engine
- LLP-02 802.16/WiMAX PDU Processor
- LLP-03 WiMAX Forum Mobile Profile PDU Processor
Embedded Security Modules
- ESM-100: Symmetric/Asymmetric Security Protocol Accelerator
- CLP-200: Pipelined GCM-AES Core
- CLP-47: Configurable XTS-AES Core
- CLP-45: Configurable Look Aside AES Core
- CLP-20: High Throughput AES-CCM Core
- CLP-28: 802.16/WiMAX AES Core
- CLP-34: AES Key Wrap Core
- CLP-11: Tiny AES Core
- CLP-02: DES/3DES Cipher
- CLP-08: High Throughput DES/3DES Core
- CLP-19: Ultra-high Throughput DES/3DES Core
- CLP-04: ARC4 Cipher
- CLP-300: High Performance RSA and Elliptic Curve Cryptography Public Key Accelerator Core
- CLP-17: High Performance Elliptic Curve Cryptography Point Multiplier Core
- CLP-27: Compact True Random Number Generator
- CLP-26: Hash Look Aside Core
- CLP-100: Hash Flow Through Core
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.