The Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) defines a framework which provides confidentiality, message authentication, and replay protection for both unicast and multicast RTP (Real-time Transport Protocol) and RTCP (Real-time Transport Control Protocol) streams used for voice and video transmission over the Internet.
The ESS-05: Ellipsys-SRTP Toolkit offers a software toolkit which facilitates the implementation of SRTP systems ranging from low bit rate voice over IP (VoIP) applications to high-definition video streaming. The ESS-05 offers the option to implement either an all software solution using the ESS-01: Ellipsys software library or when hardware cores are available in the target system, offload can be supported through a Board Support Package (BSP). The toolkit was developed on a Linux/PC environment, has been ported to a Freescale PowerQUICC III processor and is licensed as C source code.
- Compliant with Secure Real-time Transport Protocol RFC 3711
- Secures RTP/RTCP payloads
- Integrity checking of RTP/RTCP payloads
- Implements packet transform required by in SRTP/SRTCP
- Low computational cost and small footprint
- Independent of transport and physical layers
- Hardware offload supported
- Optional support for Master Key Identifier (MKI)
- Licensed in C source code to facilitate porting to the target system
- Complete solution
- Highly configurable, flexible and reliable
- NIST CAVP Certified
- Optimized for size and performance
- GPL-Free Code
- Platform/OS agnostic
- Significantly reduces development cycles
- Optional support for hardware acceleration and offload for embedded processors
- Product Brief: ESS-05 Ellipsys-SRTP Toolkit
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.