CLP-100: Hash Flow Through Core
The CLP-100 is part of Elliptic’s silicon-proven, high-quality, cost-effective IP portfolio, and can be tuned exactly to the functionality and performance level required by SoC designers or system integrators.
The CLP-100 Hash Flow-Through Core offers designers the ability to stream a message into the core directly from a MAC or other streaming interface and compute the cryptographic hash or digest which is then presented on the output FIFO. The core can be configured with one or more hash algorithms depending on the target application.
NIST has recently released a new draft specification, FIPS 180-4 Secure Hash Standard, intended to supersede FIPS 180-3. Two additional algorithms, SHA-512/224 and SHA-512/256, have been introduced to allow for more efficient implementation alternatives on platforms optimized for 64-bit operations. Elliptic's family of hardware and software solutions, including the CLP-100, fully support these new algorithms.
- Core capable of performing MD5, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, SHA-512/224 & SHA-512/256 hash algorithms.
- SHA algorithms compliant with FIPS 180-4
- MD5 algorithm compliant with RFC 1312
- Implicit message padding is automatically handled by the core.
- Core will truncate the final hash if required.
- Flow-through or in-line core with two FIFOs – message input and digest output
- Configurable widths and depths for message and digest FIFOs
- Core is highly configurable and verified for any subset of the supported algorithms
- Silicon proven
- Highly integrated
- SoC/ASIC developers and embedded system OEMs benefit from
- Reduced time to market
- Reduced risk
- Highly tuned solutions for performance, power and size
- IP developed by industry experts through a structured and rigorous development and verification program
- Data deduplication (dedup or dedupe) for storage
- Digital signature applications
- Wireless MAC algorithms such as WiMax and Wi-Fi
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.