CLP-11: Tiny AES Core
NIST has standardized on the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cipher algorithm as specified by FIPS-197 which is used in many applications and can be implemented efficiently in hardware and software. AES has become the cornerstone of cryptography and is now included in IPsec, MACSec, 802.11i, 802.15 and 802.16 among many other security protocols.
The CLP-11: Tiny AES Core is a high performance cipher block that performs encryption, decryption and key expansion in a very small silicon area - perfect for applications where cost is paramount. It is fully proven in silicon and is now shipping in volume.
- Throughput up to 40 Mbps
- Area: 8,000 ASIC gates for encrypt/decrypt, key expansion and interface logic
- 32 bit data and control bus interface
- Support for 128, 196 and 256 bit keys
- Automatic generation of key context from key data
- Core verified through NIST FIPS vectors ensure complete standards compliance
- Test bench provided
- Silicon proven
- Highly integrated
- SoC/ASIC developers and embedded system OEMs benefit from
- Reduced time to market
- Reduced risk
- Highly tuned solutions for performance, power and size
- IP developed by industry experts through a structured and rigorous development and verification program
- WLAN applications such as 802.11i
- IPsec designs in residential gateways, multi-service access products
- Military communications systems
- Secure video surveillance
- Secure audio communications
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.