CLP-26: Hash Look Aside Core
Elliptic’s CLP-26 is a highly-configurable core that offers support for any combination of Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, SHA-512/224, SHA-512/256), MD5, and Message Authentication Codes (HMAC, SSLMAC) used for a variety of applications.
The CLP-26 is part of Elliptic’s silicon-proven, high-quality, cost-effective IP portfolio, and can be tuned exactly to the functionality and performance level required by SoC designers or system integrators.
The SHA and MD5 algorithms take a message of arbitrary length and produce a fixed length message digest. They are required for a multitude of applications, like sign and verify for digital signature schemes, public key infrastructure and data integrity checking. These algorithms are also at the base of Message Authentication Code functions which combine the cryptographic hash algorithms with a secret key.
NIST has recently released a new draft specification, FIPS 180-4 Secure Hash Standard, intended to supersede FIPS 180-3. Two additional algorithms, SHA-512/224 and SHA-512/256, have been introduced to allow for more efficient implementation alternatives on platforms optimized for 64-bit operations. Elliptic's family of hardware and software solutions, including the CLP-26, fully support these new algorithms.
- Core capable of performing MD5, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, SHA-512/224 & SHA-512/256 algorithms
- Core is factory-configured and verified for any subset of the supported algorithms. All logic for unused algorithms is removed
- Configurable 32 or 64-bit interfaces
- Separate context and message interfaces
- Implicit message padding is automatically handled by the core
- Final hash result may be written to either the message memory and/or the context cache
- Core will truncate the final hash if required
- Optional H-MAC or SSL-MAC for message authentication is available
- Look aside architecture
- 2 - 15 Gbps throughput @ 300 MHz
- 18 - 50 K ASIC gates
- Silicon proven
- Highly integrated
- SoC/ASIC developers and embedded system OEMs benefit from
- Reduced time to market
- Reduced risk
- Highly tuned solutions for performance, power and size
- IP developed by industry experts through a structured and rigorous development and verification program
- IPsec and SSL gateways
- WiMax applications such as IEEE 802.16
- DRM such as OMA, DVB, PlayReady & WDRM
- E-commerce acceleration
- Military communications systems
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.