CLP-412: ZUC Flow Through Core
Elliptic’s CLP-412 core is a member of Elliptic’s broad family of 3GPP/LTE/LTE-Advanced security IP solutions and it targets the new security algorithms introduced to support wireless networks in key Asian markets. The CLP-412 implements the confidentiality (128-EEA3) and integrity (128-EIA3) algorithms which are based on the key stream generator ZUC.
The CLP-412 architecture is in-line or flow through based, complementing Elliptic’s look aside solutions.
The ZUC Flow Through (FT) Core is targeted at high-performance LTE eNodeB base stations, handset and femtocell applications.
- ZUC key stream generator for 3GPP, LTE, LTE-Advanced
- Supports both the confidentiality (128-EEA3) and integrity (128-EIA3) modes in Release 10 and Release 11
- Configurable for performance and size requirements
- Flow-through architecture
- Ingress and egress FIFO depth configurable at build time
- Key size - 128 bits
- Maximum clock frequency: 500 MHz in 65 nm
- 2.7 Gbps @ 200 MHz for 64 byte messages
- 6.0 Gbps @ 200 MHz for 2048 byte messages
- 15 K to 23 K ASIC gates (supports both encryption and integrity modes)
- 10 K ASIC gates also available
- Silicon proven
- Highly integrated
- SoC/ASIC developers and embedded system OEMs benefit from
- Reduced time to market
- Reduced risk
- Highly tuned solutions for performance, power and size
- IP developed by industry experts through a structured and rigorous development and verification program
- Mobile communications
- 3GPP, LTE, LTE Advanced (3G and 4G technologies)
- eNodeB Base stations
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.