CLP-620: Security Protocol Accelerator - LTE
The Security Protocol Accelerator – Long Term Evolution (SPAcc-LTE) is a proven, high-performance, cost-efficient security engine targeted at the 3rd Generation (3G) and 4th Generation (4G) wireless broadband 3GPP/LTE/LTE-Advanced technologies.
The SPAcc-LTE is highly configurable and it allows Elliptic’s customers to tailor their designs to address the complex security requirements for mobile networks, platforms and devices.
Secure environments like ARM TrustZone® are a solid foundation for security solutions in Embedded Systems. Elliptic provides versatile embedded hardware and software security solutions, designed for ARM TrustZone users, which range from hardware protocol accelerators and co-processors to platform security, DRM and content protection. The CLP-620 SPAcc is an ideal fit for the ARM TrustZone architecture as it provides a reliable protection mechanism for sensitive data and transactions, and it can be shared simultaneously with secure and application processors.
The wireless broadband market is expanding at an incredible rate. Mobile networks and platforms must support the explosion of wireless devices and applications, and bring all mobility benefits to a huge group of end-users. New technologies like 4G LTE-Advanced (Release 10 and beyond) are being developed to address these challenges. 3G LTE technologies governed by 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) specifications defined in Releases 7, 8 and 9 are also still applicable to global mobile phone systems and networks.
The CLP-620: SPAcc-LTE engine has been specifically designed to address the security needs for the current and next generation of mobile broadband telecommunications. The security engine reduces the bus traffic and offers increased throughput by supporting efficient data sequencing as well as parallel processing of cryptographic operations (authentication and encryption/decryption).
- Highly configurable security accelerator
- Supports AES, SNOW 3G, ZUC and KASUMI based crypto algorithms
- Cipher algorithms: AES, KASUMI, SNOW 3G, ZUC
- Cipher modes: CTR, f8, UEA1, UEA2, 128-EEA1, 128-EEA2, 128-EEA3
- Hash/MAC algorithms: AES-CMAC, f9, UIA1, UIA2, 128-EIA1, 128-EIA2, 128-EIA3
- Other modes: GSM A5/3, ECSD A5/3 and GEA3 keystream generation
- Built-in scatter/gather DMA capability offloads system CPU
- Optimal bus utilization
- Increased throughput with combined hash and cipher operations
- Secure bus option for systems which differentiate between secure and normal processing modes
- ARM TrustZone Support
- IV import feature – permits DMA of IV with associated payload
- Reduced system processor loading with programmable interrupt coalescence
- Dual-clock domain capability to run interface and crypto content in different clock domains
- Support for big- or little-endian
- Configurable 32- or 64-bit bus interfaces
- AMBA AXI4
- AMBA AHB
- AMBA AXI4
- Virtualization – allows sharing between multiple CPUs
- QoS capability allows multiple command priority queues for enhanced traffic management capabilities
- Silicon proven
- Highly integrated
- SoC/ASIC developers and embedded system OEMs benefit from
- Reduced time to market
- Reduced risk
- Highly tuned solutions for performance, power and size
- IP developed by industry experts through a structured and rigorous development and verification program
- Mobile communications
- 3GPP, LTE, LTE Advanced (3G and 4G technologies)
- Release 7
- Release 8
- Release 9
- Release 10
- Release 11
- Mobile communications
- Product Brief: CLP-620: Security Protocol Accelerator - LTE
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.