LLP-03: WiMAX Forum Mobile Profile PDU Processor
The WiMAX forum has introduced a security profile for mobile WiMAX based on the IEEE 802.16e-2005 standard. The profile implements a single AES-CCM algorithm to lower silicon cost and overall system complexity.
Elliptic’s LLP-03 WIMAX security processor is highly integrated, silicon proven, and offers an inline processing engine which captures traffic, security associations and control words through a single FIFO and operates on them per the reference standard. This greatly simplifies the implementation of complex security functions required for WiMAX.
- Inline symmetric cryptographic functions (compliant to the WiMAX mobile profile 802.16e-2005 PDU processing)
- AES-CCM to the NIST SP 800-38C specification with 128 bit keys
- Support for insertion and extraction of packet number
- NULL encryption mode support to flow through selected PDUs without performing any security processing
- Gate count of 44K ASIC gates with standard throughput option
- Cipher option for increased throughput also available
- Silicon proven
- Highly integrated
- SoC/ASIC developers and embedded system OEMs benefit from
- Reduced time to market
- Reduced risk
- Highly tuned solutions for performance, power and size
- IP developed by industry experts through a structured and rigorous development and verification program
- WiMAX SoCs in base station and subscriber applications
- Product Brief: LLP-03 WiMAX Forum Mobile Profile PDU Processor
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.