Elliptic’s middleware provides a common interface to core cryptographic functionality for use in application software. The middleware components include cryptographic algorithms and supporting math functions as well as SDKs for interfacing to hardware IP. SystemC models are also available.
Ellipsys™ Cryptography Middleware
Ellipsys Cryptography Middleware is a CAVP certified cryptographic library that is highly configurable for size or speed optimization. Ellipsys is written in portable C code and also includes platform specific optimizations for ARM, x86, x86_64 and PowerPC. Ellipsys contains a plug-in architecture for easy integration and offload of hardware devices.
Ellipsys is available in bundles of various configurations. These vary from a simple package of only AES to a complete bundle including symmetric and asymmetric cryptographic functions, various hash algorithms, and public key certificate support.
This library has been certified by a third party laboratory as being compliant with the NIST Cryptographic Validation Program (CAVP), which ensures that the algorithms can be used in products requiring FIPS 140 validation. See the Product Brief for a complete description of the included algorithms and protocols.
- Symmetric Ciphers
- Random Number Generator
- ECC Prime Curves
- ECC Binary Curves
- Certificates (X.509 v3)
- Random Number Generation
- ASN.1 encoding/decoding
- Industry Standard APIs PKCS #1
- PKCS #5
- PKCS #8
- ANSI X9.31
- ANSI X9.62
- ANSI X9.63
- Support for blocking and non-blocking modes Simple plug-in modules transparently support hardware offload
- Highly configurable for performance and size
- Offers significant reduction in development cycles
- GPL-free code
- Fully portable architecture
- Platforms – ARM, MIPS, x86 (32 and 64 bit), PPC, Tensilica
- Target OS – Linux, Android, Microsoft Windows
- Industry Standard APIs PKCS #1
- Complete solution
- Highly configurable, flexible and reliable
- NIST CAVP Certified
- Optimized for size and performance
- GPL-Free Code
- Platform/OS agnostic
- Significantly reduces development cycles
- Optional support for hardware acceleration and offload for embedded processors
- VPN and e-commerce SSL
- MACsec (802.1AE)
- Wi-Fi (802.11)
- WiMAX (802.16)
- 3GPP / LTE / LTE-A
- DRM & Content Protection
- Government and military
- Including FIPS 140-2 targeted platforms
- NSA Suite B
- Payment Card Industry
- P1619.1, P1619.2, P1619.3
- Product Brief: ESS-01/02: Ellipsys Cryptography Middleware
The hardware SDKs provide register abstraction headers, functions to simplify complex operations and example interfaces to device operations. The SDKs come with Linux kernel drivers as example integration solutions.
SystemC models of our hardware IP are available for use in pre-silicon verification and software development. Elliptic is partnered with Carbon and content is available through the IP Exchange (http://ipexchange.carbondesignsystems.com).
A highly programmable and unique Security Protocol Accelerator specifically designed to efficiently process data for high capacity wireless and network applications. The engine is perfectly suited for applications that deal with multiple active connections and significant traffic load on different contexts, such as 4G LTE-Advanced wireless cellular base stations and femtocells.